Friday, July 23, 2010

Meet Milo

Well, Mike and I have completely lost it. Last night we brought home a 9 week old Australian Shepherd. Meet Milo:



Milo is literally Moxie's little brother. They both have the same parents. We went up to New Paris, Indiana last night to meet him. Moxie went with us and was very helpful in deciding which puppy to bring home.




So far, things are going really well. Moxie and Milo are currently under my chair sound asleep. They are playing very well together which is what we had hoped for. Mike and I felt that Moxie needed some company besides the cats while we are at work. They do a nice job of wearing each other out. I look forward to watching them grow up together.



I wish I had other news for you, but we're still waiting for the official okay from my doctors to try for another baby. I have an appointment in a few weeks and I feel very hopeful. I been eating well, exercising, and continuing to do Weight Watchers. I have lost 25 lbs since March! I'm not where I want to ultimately be, but I also don't want to wait much longer to have a baby. I'll be 34 this summer and will be treated as a high risk pregnancy anyway. That's all fine. I just don't want "Advanced Maternal Age" added to my list of risk factors. It's just silly.

Speaking of eating well, I do believe it's time for dinner. We got our Farm Fresh Delivery order this week, so we've been eating very well. Tonight we'll be having grilled chicken with zucchini fries and another side dish that I have not decided upon yet. If you have a service in your area like this one, I highly recommend it. It's been one of the best decisions we've made. Not only are we getting organic and/or locally grown produce, but it saves us a trip to the grocery store and we are supporting a local business in addition to all of the local farms that provide the produce. It's a good feeling all around!

1 comment:

Adriana said...

He is adorable! Welcome to the family, Milo.

Congrats on losing 25 pounds since March! You're a superstar!

Zucchini fries sound amazing. I think you need to share the recipe.